Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I got your email, and I didn't respond because I didn't understand what you were talking about. The msg I received from you Response to your last threat MikeTbob, I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I got your email, and I didn't respond because I didn't understand what you were talking about. The msg I received from you
    Response to your last threat
    MikeTbob,
    I know you meant well and were trying to help me. I think you have done an excellent job. However, I have been racking my brains for the passed few months trying to resolve this issue. The Google search you sent me and the books I purchased at Barnes and Noble do not seem to
    be guided to people like me (new user and converted from microcaca).. Little by little we grow but not as fast as many others because I'm not a power user,,, I'm simple a user learning the ropes once by one..
    Again thanks for the Awesome job

PS I am running a Firewall Appliance with IDS, network has not been penetrated as of yet. Ip address is given by this system, Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    thankks
    Do you feel that I threatened you in any way? or maybe that's a typo and it's supposed to say thread? The reason I did not reply to your help for IDS, in the private message is because I do not answer any requests for help via private messages. It just defeats the purpose of the forum, to make information available to everyone. I don't know anything about IDS anyway, so my help would be very limited.
    I was trying to help you, and like I said before, networking is a very large topic and I couldn't even begin to cover all the bases in a forum thread, so that is why I sent you a google link.
    You asked for some links and I gave them to you. I don't know what to say to you, if you can't understand the books that you bought, or the web links I sent you. I'm sorry if you feel that I wasn't very helpful or just didn't meet your expectations, at least I did try to help, and you need to keep in mind that I am just a volunteer and I am in no way a Linux Expert but there are other members here that will be willing to help you with any new problems that you may have from here on out.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

raton,

An NFS mount should meet your needs since all your machines are Fedora. You could also use samba, but it's not necessary since you dont have any windoze clients.

You made note that you are running DHCP. You should consider static IP for any servers that will be sharing folders.

i just did a quick google "Fedora share folders". there are several how-to links. Have you tried any of them? if not, pick one and try to get it to work. Post specific results and/or questions.

CSR

P.S.

Although I registered recently, I have been on this forum for quite some time. If you have done any reading of other threads, you will see that MikeTbob is very helpful. The problem isnt Mike, it's the way you are phrasing your questions. No disrespect but, your questions are way too generic. Maybe I am missing something, but IMHO, your comments are way out of line. Here's a link that should help.

How to Have Good Manners - wikiHow

Just Joined!
    cheapscotchron
    Thanks for your reply. That did the trick, I am able now to share files and music throught my network. Again thanks a lot!
    raton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2