Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am using 3 Fedora 8 linux PC / Desktop. One of them connected to internet through internet provider's router and have a static IP. Currently I have connected in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Lan using static IP address of router

I am using 3 Fedora 8 linux PC / Desktop. One of them connected to internet through internet provider's router and have a static IP. Currently I have connected in the following way: from router to server's lan card no.1 and configured that static IP. Another lan card on that server trying to share the net and from it to a switch and from that switch to other pcs.
    But I couldnt share the internet to other pcs.
    Could you please tell me how to configure the lan for these 3 pcs with static ip.
    Regards.

Linux User
    I attempted yesterday to change my router from dynamic IP to static IP for multiple machines.

Each was connected at the time I reconfigured.

First I changed the router setting to static by unchecking 'Enable DHCP Server'.

Then on desktop 1, I changed wireless configuration (it has a wireless card) from Dynamic to Static, setting it to the IP address it was already connected at. I saved configuration, and the connection continued uninterrupted.

I did the same on machine 2, a laptop, and the connection interrupted. I have not solved this for machine 2...

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/wir...e-connect.html

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close