Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello Router Coding experts I want to know if there exists a data structure/table/list where the wireless router/Access point maintains the list of all associated wireless clients. I just read ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

how do clients connect to a wireless router?

Hello Router Coding experts

I want to know if there exists a data structure/table/list where the wireless router/Access point maintains the list of all associated wireless clients.

I just read about how clients send an 'association request' to router/AP and then obtain an association ID.

Where are these maintained.

Can I simply remove this entry to disconnect a client?

I dont want to do a MAC access control for a definite reason.

I have downloaded the HostAP code. Perhaps there is a file in there which has this data structure?

Please help

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    How this information is stored inside the router is entirely up to the router software. Nothing on your Linux system is involved with this, other than the association/client id your driver gets back from the AP. In most cases, you can use your browser to access the administration page inside the router and tell it to disconnect a client, perhaps. I was just looking at my wireless access point (a 2wire device) and it has no capability to disconnect any specific client.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!