Find the answer to your Linux question:
Each time after boot, I have to wait for proximately 2 minutes before Firefox starts showing any web pages. I believe the delay is caused by the following issue: Code: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question dbus-daemon: Rejected send message...

Each time after boot, I have to wait for proximately 2 minutes before Firefox starts showing any web pages. I believe the delay is caused by the following issue:
    Code:
    Apr  7 21:03:18 linux-kr6c nm-dispatcher.action: Script '/etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/netcontrol_global_hooks' exited with error status 1.
    Apr  7 21:03:18 linux-kr6c nm-dispatcher.action: Script '/etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/nfs' exited with error status 2.
    Apr  7 21:03:18 linux-kr6c dbus-daemon: Rejected send message, 14 matched rules; type="method_return", sender=":1.50" (uid=0 pid=3132 comm="/usr/lib/NetworkManager/nm-dispatcher.action ") interface="(unset)" member="(unset)" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination=":1.5" (uid=0 pid=2097 comm="/usr/sbin/NetworkManager "))
    Apr  7 21:05:39 linux-kr6c ntpd[3500]: ntpd 4.2.4p4@1.1520-o Mon Jan 19 14:44:51 UTC 2009 (1)
    Apr  7 21:05:39 linux-kr6c ntpd[3501]: precision = 1.000 usec
    I have no idea what my machine is doing, but it seems as nothing is happening between 21:03:18 and 21:05:39. Complete startup log can be found here.

Can someone help me to remove this delay from my startup process?

Thanks,
    Boris
    Fedora_20@Dell_Latitude_E6410
    Ubuntu_14.04_LTS@HP_Compaq_DC7100

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I doubt this has anything to do with your problem, since the system hasn't finished booting and you wouldn't even see the GUI login at this point. My guess is that your DNS server is having issues. Check the entries in /etc/resolv.conf - your primary dns server might be slow or non-responding, in which case it will take some time before it times out and your TCP stack switches to a backup server.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Unfortunately there is nothing recorded in /etc/resolv.conf

linux-kr6c:/etc # cat resolv.conf
    # generated by NetworkManager, do not edit!

domain lan

search lan

nameserver 10.0.0.138

linux-kr6c:/etc #

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    It shows that 10.0.0.138 is your dns server. That is an non-routed (internal lan only) address. It is the machine that is supposed to resolve IP addresses, but my guess is that it is forwarding the requests somewhere else. Eventually, the requests find their way to a real dns server and the address is returned to your machine. Try adding this to your resolv.conf file before the current nameserver entry (there can be more than one) and see what happens.

nameserver 199.45.32.37

That is a top-level domain name server at Bell Atlantic (formerly AT&T).

And yes, I know that it says "do not edit", but that's ok for now to experiment. If you are really concerned about that, open up your Network Manager GUI and add it to the DNS server list there, moving it to the top of the list, then save and reboot.

Thank you Rubberman,

I have tried as you suggested, but it did not help. I tried both editing the file as well as using Network Manager GUI. No improvement.

This problem seems unsolvable. I believe it is a time to reinstall my system.