Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dear All, I am trying to develop protocol (FTP and TCP/IP) on my own,I don't have much experience this domain.Please can any one direct me to wards doing this thing. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Arrow Protocol developement

Dear All,

I am trying to develop protocol (FTP and TCP/IP) on my own,I don't have much experience this domain.Please can any one direct me to wards doing this thing.

Please provide information regarding the following,

1) how the RFC is going to help in designing a protocol

2) Please Provide RFC's(Real-Time) if any thing available

3) what are the considerations should be taken care off ,while developing the code

4)how to check the packet transfer/receiving phenomenons

Thanks,
    sri Anu.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Boy, you sure don't want much, do you! In any case, this is not trivial stuff. I've done this in the past for the QNX realtime OS (about 18 years ago). By RFC, I presume you mean the DDN Protocol Handbook(s), AKA The White Books? Which protocols do you want to develop? Some of them? All of them? Telnet/FTP, ARP, what?

The other question is, WHY?? There are good FOSS implementations of the TCP/IP protocol stack that have been thoroughly debugged over many person-years of effort that you can use for a real time or embedded system.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!