Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, I am a newbie to Linux, I have to link two PCs through a network hub and eventually establish parallel processing. As a first step I physically connected ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy passwordless communication with ssh

Hi All,

I am a newbie to Linux, I have to link two PCs through a network hub and eventually establish parallel processing. As a first step I physically connected the two PCs and configured the net work ( IP address, hostname etc). Also I have set up NFS server and client i.e I am sahring the /home folder from the server pc to the client. I mounted the /home from the server to the /share on the client. Now I'm trying to establish passwordless communication with ssh. The issue I am facing is that I can ssh from the server (linux-01) to client (linux-02) with out password but I can not do the opposite i.e I could not ssh from linux-02 to linux-01. So even after I copied the file id_rsa.pub to the authorized_keys in /linux-01/home/ezhil/.ssh/authorized_keys on the machine linux-01, ssh linux-01 still asks for password. So I couldn't figure out the problem. Any ideas to resolve this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Ezhil

Linux User
    /linux-01/home/ezhil/.ssh/authorized_keys doesn't seem to be a valid path, did you mean /home/ezhil/.ssh/authorized_keys in machine linux-01? If so

Try this:
    on linux-01
    cd /home/ezhil/.ssh/
    cp authorized_keys authorized_keys2
    then try ssh from linux-02, if it works, you can safely delete authorized_keys.

Just Joined!
    When I need two servers to ssh to each other without a pwd, I just run thru these steps on each server...search google for "OpenSSH Public Key Authentication" ...first hit: sial.org/howto/openssh/publickey-auth/]OpenSSH Public Key Authentication