Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guys, I have no idea what happened to my eth1: today morning it was here working and now it does not exist any more. At the moment I'm surfing ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

lost eth1

Hi guys, I have no idea what happened to my eth1: today morning it was here working and now it does not exist any more. At the moment I'm surfing through an ethernet cable connected to my router.

When I type iwconfig or ifconfig, eth1 does not even appear in the list, just eth0 and lo do.

I took a look to /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules and eth1 is there as usually.

It is very strange since I did nothing different then usually, just when Kubuntu started, it has not requested the password for knetworkmanager (usually it does that).

Can anyone help me? I'm not an expert, and I can't figure out where is the problem.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Italy.

regards

Try the command:

Code:
    sudo ifconfig eth1 up
    Linux User #453176

if you haven't configure the eth1 to start at boot time it will be down as soon as you poweroff your computer. You may choose to configure it to start it every time when you boot but that requires editing some files, btw which distro are you using??
    For temporary solution execute the command suggested by kieren that will bring up the eth1
    Only if I could understand the man pages
    Registered Linux user #492640

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close