Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and to linux, but I've been running a game server on my Fedora Core 8 box for a while now, and I noticed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Bandwidth Monitor

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and to linux, but I've been running a game server on my Fedora Core 8 box for a while now, and I noticed it was lagging a while go. Now I'm pretty sure it's running out of bandwidth, but I need to find a simple bandwidth monitor that can tell me current and max upload and down speeds. Don't need anything else, just what the maximum download and upload speeds it's using. Anyone know of a bandwidth monitor that would do this for me?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    You might want to look into ntop. It should do what you want.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Also if you want to setup some simple graphing to actually see your bandwidth you can google some pretty easy perl scripts that use RRDtool. This could help you watch the bandwidth. A good program that is really easy to install is systemgraph. It uses RRDtool and is extremely easy to change the graphs time length on the fly from the url.