Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm using Damn Small Linux, and I have a WLC010 Airlink Network card, but I can't find the drivers I need, or how to install them. How would I go ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Airlink Driver?

I'm using Damn Small Linux, and I have a WLC010 Airlink Network card, but I can't find the drivers I need, or how to install them. How would I go about doing this?

Also, does anyone know of any GUI based network manager that would work with DSL?

Thanks.

I am not sure If Wicd or Ceni or Rutilt is available through apt-get in Damn Small Linux but those are all good Lightweight Network Managers. I have access to all three in My AntiX 8 Install. Damn Small Linux is Debian Based with a 2.4 Kernel . I know Debian carries these packages so you should be able to install any one or all of them.

Here is the page for Drivers below.

Linux wireless LAN support http://linux-wless.passys.nl

With the card inserted,

You should open Terminal and run as root and type in
    Code:
    lspci
    and check on what wireless chip your airlink card has, whether prism or orinco.

I also suggest you post a new thread and use the thread tools at the top of the page to close this one. The reason I suggest this is that there are more tools for showing how to post info in the wireless section of forum. If you decide to start a new thread in Wireless section.
    1. Close this thread first
    2. Follow These Instructions when posting In Wireless Section

The guys in Wireless section are top notch dudes. I would post there first and give relevant information needed to get you hooked up before I would make any changes in Damn Small Linux though. Good Luck.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    Ah, ok.

I actually didn't even realize there was a wireless section. Sorry about that.