Find the answer to your Linux question:

Thread: Airlink Driver?

Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Airlink Driver?

I'm using Damn Small Linux, and I have a WLC010 Airlink Network card, but I can't find the drivers I need, or how to install them. How would I go about doing this?

Also, does anyone know of any GUI based network manager that would work with DSL?

I am not sure If Wicd or Ceni or Rutilt is available through apt-get in Damn Small Linux but those are all good Lightweight Network Managers. I have access to all three in My AntiX 8 Install. Damn Small Linux is Debian Based with a 2.4 Kernel . I know Debian carries these packages so you should be able to install any one or all of them.

Here is the page for Drivers below.

Linux wireless LAN support

With the card inserted,

You should open Terminal and run as root and type in
    and check on what wireless chip your airlink card has, whether prism or orinco.

I also suggest you post a new thread and use the thread tools at the top of the page to close this one. The reason I suggest this is that there are more tools for showing how to post info in the wireless section of forum. If you decide to start a new thread in Wireless section.
    1. Close this thread first
    2. Follow These Instructions when posting In Wireless Section

The guys in Wireless section are top notch dudes. I would post there first and give relevant information needed to get you hooked up before I would make any changes in Damn Small Linux though. Good Luck.

Ah, ok.

I actually didn't even realize there was a wireless section. Sorry about that.

4. $spacer_open