Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well, i've read lots of manuals, but I still don't understand how does nmap work. I would like to scan a specific range of IPs, for open UDP and TCP ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

nmap: IP ranges

Well, i've read lots of manuals, but I still don't understand how does nmap work.

I would like to scan a specific range of IPs, for open UDP and TCP ports, let's say:

From 2.249.250.200 to 3.2.1.2 (random IPs)

At the same time, i would like to print the results to a file called "bin"

I know I can scan from 0.0.0.0 to 0.0.0.255 (for example) typing "0.0.0.*" but what about a specific range of IPs like that?

Also, how do I scan single IPs? I think it's "IP1;IP2;IP3;...", but i'm not sure

Thank you!

Just Joined!
    Unsure of a way of doing 2.249.250.200 to 3.2.1.2 - that's an extremely odd range to be looking at. What is the address range you actually want?

subnet masking is one approach- ie

nmap 1.1.1.1/24

will give you 1.1.1.1 though to 1.1.1.255

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdoColin View Post
    Unsure of a way of doing 2.249.250.200 to 3.2.1.2 - that's an extremely odd range to be looking at. What is the address range you actually want?

subnet masking is one approach- ie

nmap 1.1.1.1/24

will give you 1.1.1.1 though to 1.1.1.255
    Of course it's odd, i made it obvious, since i don't actually want to scan that range, but just to give me an idea.

It has to be something like start range - end range, it can't be so difficult, i dont know anyway

Just Joined!
    do a search on google for a subnet calc if you are not used to calculating the range.