Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello My question is how will i remote the pc having an Internal IP address for exmaple 192.168.1.100 then other computer is in outside connection for example i used live ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy How to remote internal IP from Live IP

Hello

My question is how will i remote the pc having an Internal IP address for exmaple 192.168.1.100 then other computer is in outside connection for example i used live ip address 210.xx.xx.xx

is there solutions for my questions

thanks

You will need to log into your router and tell it to send all traffic coming in on the required port to forward packets to the PC. This is known as port forwarding but some routers call it virtual servers

Alternatively you could place your PC in the DMZ using the router settings again, but this will mean the PC wouldn't be protected by the firewall on the router and so would be more venerable to attacks
    Linux User #453176

Just Joined!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Kieren View Post
    You will need to log into your router and tell it to send all traffic coming in on the required port to forward packets to the PC. This is known as port forwarding but some routers call it virtual servers

Alternatively you could place your PC in the DMZ using the router settings again, but this will mean the PC wouldn't be protected by the firewall on the router and so would be more venerable to attacks
    Thanks for your reply

I am using linux as my router and i have a firewall

if your talking about router device, how would i know set in my linux to open the port forwarding or DMZ...

do you have any tutorials?

Thanks

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Have you set up your Linux router using iptables or an application?
    Linux User #453176

Just Joined!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Kieren View Post
    Have you set up your Linux router using iptables or an application?
    I used firestarter and webmin to manage my gui and i think the iptables is enable but i dont know to configure it.

do you have any first step?

thanks

I have never used Webmin to manage Firestarter but to set up port forwarding using the main program you need to use the "Forward service" section of the "Policy tab" as described in The policy page - Firestarter

The main idea here is to tell your firewall to forward any traffic that comes in on the port that your remote desktop software uses to the correct internal computer
    Linux User #453176