Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi bob, did you find the solution for the problem with iridium ppp conection? i`m having the same problem and need somebody to help me!!! thanks, Ariel...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problem whit ppp Iridium

Hi bob, did you find the solution for the problem with iridium ppp conection?
    i`m having the same problem and need somebody to help me!!!

thanks,

Ariel

Just Joined!
    i'm not sure what is your probleme here, but reading your post reminded me of a howto i'd bookmarked years ago. :
    www_phys.unsw_edu_au/~mcba/iridiumLinux.html Using an Iridium phone with GNU/Linux and PPP (replace _ with "." sorry for the broken url, no right to post link as i just registered)
    "Using an Iridium phone with GNU/Linux and PPP"
    I don't know if this helps or if you had this link already, but i learned something my experience with ppp over RF and high-latency links : just start very conservative & robust first then increase performance.

Regards,
    Tomte

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by tomte View Post
    i'm not sure what is your probleme here, but reading your post reminded me of a howto i'd bookmarked years ago. :
    www_phys.unsw_edu_au/~mcba/iridiumLinux.html Using an Iridium phone with GNU/Linux and PPP (replace _ with "." sorry for the broken url, no right to post link as i just registered)
    "Using an Iridium phone with GNU/Linux and PPP"
    I don't know if this helps or if you had this link already, but i learned something my experience with ppp over RF and high-latency links : just start very conservative & robust first then increase performance.

Regards,
    Tomte
    I believe based on his reference to "Bob", he is talking about Bob Pitha's post about 3 years ago on these forums.

That post is closed which explains why this post is in a new thread, and these forums do not allow new users to post links (even to elsewhere in the forums), leading to confusion for users that didn't find both threads at the same time via Google to have a link to the original thread. (Actually original post since it had no responses.)

I'm having similar issues to Bob - I have no problem connecting between two machines using 2400 baud modems, but when I switch in the Iridium modems and fix the init strings/change the phone number, PPP won't connect.

There's a slight possibility that due to some stuff I've seen in the above URL that one might need to set asyncmap properly - the official Iridium service PPP servers seem to be setting it assuming that xon/xoff flow control is in use even when it is not.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Use 2 stop bits for all communications with Iridium modems.