Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just recently downloaded and installed Mandrakelinux 10.1, and this is about the third time I've tried it out. The first and second time I installed it, it showed my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mandrake Wireless Issues

I just recently downloaded and installed Mandrakelinux 10.1, and this is about the third time I've tried it out. The first and second time I installed it, it showed my wireless card (an Intel PRO 2200BG) and would set it up just fine.

This third time, there is no wireless card, according to it. The fact my wireless chip is onboard is a slight give away that this is wrong. The only option in the wizard is to manually load a driver. So I do: I go to the ipw2200 driver and push next and autoprobe. It flashes a few windows and takes me to the beginning of the wizard and it didn't add the wireless card at all.

I have no idea why it's doing this. My hardware switch is on and nothing has changed from the first and third time I've installed this. I'm a newbie to linux and I'm not sure what to do...

If you're wondering why I've installed it 3 times, I have a small hard drive and I'm a person who just can't settle down with one distro.

Any help here would be much appreciated...

Just Joined!
    Thanks to jeremy1701 in the IRC channel for this site, I got this fixed. Thanks a lot!

The problem was I didn't have my firmware installed at all. I just had to plop it into the hotplug directory and reboot and it was all right there. This, of course, is for anyone else having the same issues. You can get the IPW2200 firmware here: http://ipw2200.sourceforge.com/firmware.php

Thanks again!