well i dont know any firewalls on the router. the 192.168.1.1 router is a linksys wrt54gs, the 10.0.0.1 is a netgear wpn824. the routers are connected using a standard ethernet cord the wrt54gs has 2 settings one is gateway the other is router i believe...when in the router setting the dhcp seems to be assigned by the netgear router, when in gateway it sets the dhcp itself. when in router mode i cant seem to connect to it...so im kinda worried i wont be able to change it back or change any of its internal settings...but...it may work to reset it i dont know. the router mode fixed the samba problem but it no longer routes port 80 so apache cant seem to get out...also the linksys seemed to be slowing down my internet so i just disconnected it...its an old router...i dont even know if it still works well...

ive always had a hard time with networking...been one of my weakest areas with computers forever...i understand it to a degree but there are still things like this that confuse the hell out of me.

for instance...my linksys had my mac address cloned, it had 10.0.0.5 as the address...shouldnt routing all ports that samba uses effectively make the router work as me and rout connections going to me and from me...but it doesnt....it did work for routing port 80...but then abruptly stopped working for causes still unknown to me...even before i set it in router mode it stopped routing port 80. no decernable cause.
i hope to learn more in college...but right now so many things just confuse me...