Find the answer to your Linux question:
I want to configure DNS spoofing on Redhat Linux Server .Requirement is ,any name resolution query coming to DNS server must point to a external server which is hosting web ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question Configure DNS Spoofing

I want to configure DNS spoofing on Redhat Linux Server .Requirement is ,any name resolution query coming to DNS server must point to a external server which is hosting web application for service activiation.

Request to all readers to share details how to configure DNS spoofing on Red Hat Linux server.

Regards
    Ranjeet Badhe

Why are you looking to do this?

Regards
    Robert

Linux
    The adventure of a life time.

Linux User #296285
    Get Counted

My DNS Spoofing requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazydog View Post
    Why are you looking to do this?
    Well I am testing provisioning of cable modem prepaid services.My test bed has Activiation webserver ,Billing server,CMTS ,and Cisco CNR DHCP server.When a customer starts browsing he gets ip address initally.The customer is required to get directed towards Service provders portal.Here DNS spoofing will direct him to towards the login web page irrespective of the URL customer is trying to browse.Once he is authenticated he can get webaccess.

DNS spoofing plays important rule here ,without this it is not possible to redirect him to ISP home page.

Regards
    Ranjeet

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Well I am testing provisioning of cable modem prepaid services.My test bed has Activiation webserver ,Billing server,CMTS ,and Cisco CNR DHCP server.When a customer starts browsing he gets ip address initally.The customer is required to get directed towards Service provders portal.Here DNS spoofing will direct him to towards the login web page irrespective of the URL customer is trying to browse.Once he is authenticated he can get webaccess.

DNS spoofing plays important rule here ,without this it is not possible to redirect him to ISP home page.

Regards
    Ranjeet

Have you looked at proxy for this?

Regards
    Robert

Linux
    The adventure of a life time.

Linux User #296285
    Get Counted

Question Carrier Class

Quote Originally Posted by Lazydog View Post
    Have you looked at proxy for this?
    What is proxy?My enviroment is carrier class enviroment, DNS is important component ,so cant substitute it with proxy solution.