Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm a new user of Ubuntu. I requested the Ubuntu 9.10 cd online and got it in around 3 weeks. I've chosen the 'Install over windows' option for my use ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Internet Connection not accessible.

I'm a new user of Ubuntu. I requested the Ubuntu 9.10 cd online and got it in around 3 weeks. I've chosen the 'Install over windows' option for my use right now. The version of windows being 'Windows 7'. The problem is that I'm unable to connect to the internet. I'm using LAN cord to connect to my modem. The 'Network Manager' tht the user manual talks about, is not to be found yet. When I click on the 'Network' icon on the top right portion of the panel, it shows that 'autoeth0' is connected but when I open firefox and try to open any website, the 'Server not found' comes up on the firefox window. Thus I'm not able to surf the web.
    Please suggest me something to solve this.

Just Joined!
    Please anybody, help me out.

Just Joined!
    Did you get the IP Address, as you get in the windows.

My suggestion is that you note the IP address, subnet, gateway and DNS (primary, secondary) and when boot to linux, then change the IP to static IP, then give the same IP settings in linux. Then try once to connect to internet.

Need more information, what kind of modem are you using? What type of internet connection do you have?