Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am trying to install a new xtables match extension. I am doing it as a part of my case study. I am done with the coding for my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need help with inserting match extension files using xtables-addons

Hi, I am trying to install a new xtables match extension. I am doing it as a part of my case study.
    I am done with the coding for my kernel space '.c ' and '.h' files and am also done with userspace 'libxt_*.c' file. As per the tutorial 'writing netfilter modules', I am using xtable-addons to insert my module.

I am done with downloading the xtables-addons package. I also put my three files in extensions/ folder. I have also made changes to Kbuild, Mbuild and mconfig files. When I run the command './configure' from the xtables-addons folder, I am getting the error after sometime stating the following:
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ***
    "checking for libxtables... configure: error: Package requirements (xtables >= 1.4.3) were not met:

No package 'xtables' found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
    installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables libxtables_CFLAGS
    and libxtables_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
    See the pkg-config man page for more details."
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ****
    I know that my system does not have xtables.h in the /usr/include folder. I also tried to download xtables.h from the internet. Strangely I was nt able to find anything. Please help me with fixing the error and also do tell me where I can find xtables.h header file.
    Also is it enough that I do the above specified steps for using xtables match extension.

Thanks
    Balaji

Just Joined!

This may help...

sudo apt-get install iptables-dev

Cheers,
    Dominik