Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am using Red Hat 9 "Shrike". I just installed it today. The computer that has RH9 on it has 2 ethernet cards and i want to share internet to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Sharing Internet Connection

I am using Red Hat 9 "Shrike". I just installed it today. The computer that has RH9 on it has 2 ethernet cards and i want to share internet to my laptop that has windows xp. I have all the equipment and it was shared when i use Windows on the PC that now has linux. How might I share the connection.

Just Joined!
    The easiest way to do this is to masquerade the connection.

You can do this by reading the iptables man page, or if you are looking for a quick and easy way to do it, many firewall scripts (including NARC http://www.knowplace.org/netfilter/narc.html) can be set up to automatically enable this for you.

I still use a RH9 box with a version of narc as a gateway for an internal network of several systems.

I you have only just installed RH though I would suggest maybe changing to a newer distribution of linux before you make too many changes from standard, as most other distros are more actively supported than RH. If you like redhat then try Fedora which is the reincarnation of RH and is still updated which RH9 is not.