Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi there, How are you all doing? I am checking something out in my connection and i just wanted to ask, is there a way to auto-disconnect and connect from ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to auto-disconnect and connect?

Hi there,

How are you all doing?

I am checking something out in my connection and i just wanted to ask, is there a way to auto-disconnect and connect from the internet, for example say I want to disconnect now and reconnect to the internet in 0.05 seconds, is there any program that does that?

thank you in advance =)

Just Joined!
    You're asking about disconnecting certain TCP connections that are open?

IIRC a TCP connection requires a 3 packet handshake. 50 ms would be pretty quick, depending on how far away the connection was. It might work for a LAN connection.

After the teardown of the connection there is a linger period where it waits for packets that might be delayed. During this period I don't think you can open a socket with the same port number for like a minute or so, otherwise it might be confused with the first connection. Does this have to be on the same port?

Without knowing more about your goal, it's hard to say if this is possible. Why are you doing this?