Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone! I use Linux on embedded boards and there, I have a 802.11a-WLAN running. Due to regulatory restrictions, I am to do some dynamic frequency selection(DFS) on certain channels ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

802.11h functionality available somewhere?

Hi everyone!

I use Linux on embedded boards and there, I have a 802.11a-WLAN running. Due to regulatory restrictions, I am to do some dynamic frequency selection(DFS) on certain channels available in the 802.11a-band. This is called 802.11h.

I am seraching for a solution reagarding 802.11h-functionality. I do know, there is a branch within madwifi called madwifi-dfs which was developed mainly by Bennoit Papillaut and Pavel Roskin. The problem with this driver is, that it doesn't work reliable. If I simply start a network scan on my Lenovo-machine, the DFS-driver running on the embedded board recognizes a radar signal and switches the channel dirctly.

So my question is - is there any driver available supporting 802.11h? I do not care about the chipset manufacturer or anything else. All I need is a working DFS-capable driver.

Thanks a lot in advance for any hint, that leads me to solving the problem.

Kind regards from Germany,
    Herakles

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    What is the kernel version you are going to use for this?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I also assume you've looked here? Welcome - Linux Wireless

Just Joined!
    Hi Rubberman!

I use a quite recent Kernel (2.6.31), but I don't think, the kernelversion is a problem. I rather have the impression, that there is no driver up to today supporting this feature in a stable working way. Even the latest kernel wouldn't help me.

According to your link - yes, I did search there. Since I gave up searching because of no real results, I started this thread here...

Kind regards,
    Herakles

Well, perhaps its time for some payback on your's and your company's behalf to the Linux community.