Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all.. I have a doubt.. Please go through this scenario : PC :Personal Computer ISP : Internet Service Provider, which gives the IP Address to the PC under him. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Internet connection between two PC, both under different ISPs

Hi all.. I have a doubt.. Please go through this scenario :

PC :Personal Computer
    ISP : Internet Service Provider, which gives the IP Address to the PC under him.

Suppose I have PC-A running under ISP-A and another PC-B running under ISP-B. Both PCs A, B are running in different cities.
    Now Im running an application on PC-B which listens for the messages that should be processed and PC-A want to send to messages to the application listening on PC-B.
    For this situation how does PC-A does connect to PC-B i.e. what is the IP Address of the PC-A to get connected.
    Do I need to give IP of the ISP-B.

Please anyone tell me how to connect.

Thanks in advance

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by maheshgupta024 View Post
    For this situation how does PC-A does connect to PC-B i.e. what is the IP Address of the PC-A to get connected.
    Do I need to give IP of the ISP-B.
    PC-A would use B's public IP address. If these PC's are behind some kind of a NATting modem/router, it would not be the IP address you would see on PC-B itself, but rather what someone like What Is My IP Address - Shows Your IP Address would report.

Once you have IP connectivity, you would have to make sure that the modem/router forwards the request on the appropriate port to PC-B.