Find the answer to your Linux question:
Good morning! I need to access a Windows Server 2000 machine using a Linux machine via KDE, but that will migrate to Gnome. The Linux user to connect to Windows ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Access in Windows 2000 Server

Good morning!
    I need to access a Windows Server 2000 machine using a Linux machine via KDE, but that will migrate to Gnome.
    The Linux user to connect to Windows machine, you should open an application 'XYZ' automatically, and only this, denying any unauthorized access. When you close the application 'XYZ' communications (RDP?) Should be terminated.
    Do I need a log of accesses and possible attempts to circumvent the system and access other application.
    How do I do that?

'May the force be with you'

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Is this a school/homework exercise?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Is this a laboratory in work.
    I need try this. If be all right, i migrate to approval and finally to production.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Ok. Just needed to be clear on that. So let me be sure I understand exactly what you are trying to do.

1. You have a Win2K server
    2. You have a Linux machine(s) that are running KDE that need to access the windows server.
    3. When a user on the Linux machine connects to the Windows server, you need it to start a specific application automatically upon a successful connection.
    4. When the application is terminated, you need the connection established from the Linux system to be terminated.
    5. You need to log invalid attempts to access the Windows system from the Linux system(s).

Is this correct?

Just Joined!

Thumbs up

Correct! Is that!

The problem is those who have an application of a financial system called 'Swift', which had lost the support of Linux machines.
    As the seasons will not migrate to Windows, they need to access Windows Terminal Server, which has the same application that ran on Linux machines, with 20 licenses.
    My idea would be to create a remote connection from Linux to Windows Terminal Server, run the software to communicate with the SWIFT network, perform ONLY the work necessary and finalize communication would be interrupted.
    As a precaution, I want to monitor connections to Windows Server.

So, you need a Linux WTS client? And you may have up to 20 active connections at a time? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm trying to get a clear idea of not only what you are trying to do, but your environment as well, at least in regard to the matters that will affect what and how to best advise you.

Just Joined!
    Yes! But i Noob in Linux and i dont have any ideia what i make this.

P.S: Sorry my poor english.

Just Joined!
    Try these things above members said.