Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I bought a new computer, but I forgot to check for wireless card Thus, i bought a Wireless USB Adapter from d-link (DWA-125). Now, to install ArchLinux, i need ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Angry D-Link DWA-125... How to make network work?

Hi,

I bought a new computer, but I forgot to check for wireless card Thus, i bought a Wireless USB Adapter from d-link (DWA-125). Now, to install ArchLinux, i need wireless... but I just can't configure my connection!

I searched a lot on forums, but solutions never seemed to be good for me... Got an idea?

Thanks

The Blog is in German. I used a google translater in my Iceape browser in AntiX to read it. It says.

Arch) linux with the D-Link DWA-125 150 Wlan USB Stick
    Nachdem meine vorherige Netzwerkkarte (PCI) zwar unter Linux laufen wollte, jedoch nicht unter Windows 64bit gabs als Spontankauf den D-Link DWA-125 . After previous network card (PCI) does run on Linux I wanted to, but not on Windows 64bit gabs as a spontaneous purchase the D-Link DWA-125 .

Dieser verrichtet bis hin zu Windows 7 64bit seinen Dienst. This up to Windows 7 64bit performed his duties. Aktuelle Treiber sind ein Segen. Latest drivers are a blessing.

Unter Linux jedoch braucht der Stick etwas Überredungskunst, ndiswrapper und die Windows XP 64bit Treiber, zumindest bei meiner 64 bit archlinux Installation. Wichtig ist, dass ihr die rt2800 treiber auf die blacklist setzt , damit mag der Stick nicht zusammenarbeiten. Under Linux, however, takes the stick a little persuasion, ndiswrapper and the Windows XP 64bit drivers, at least in my 64 bit archlinux installation. It is important that you blacklist the rt2800 driver on the set, so that might not work the stick.

Update: es gibt keinen Grund ndiswrapper zu verwenden, es gibt einen Linux treiber. Update: there is no need to use ndiswrapper, there is a Linux driver. Allerdings funktioniert der nur in der leicht älteren Version. However, works only in the slightly older version. Zudem "stürzte" der Stick bei mir nach einer Zeit mit ndiswrapper ab und lies sich nicht wieder aktivieren, ohne neustart. Moreover, "rushed" to the stick with me with ndiswrapper for a time to read is not re-enable, without rebooting.

Den Treiber gibts hier: D-Link DWA-125 150 mit WPA , ich hab den WPA Support im Configfile schon eingeschaltet. The driver is here: D-Link DWA-125 150 with WPA , I have the WPA Support in configfile already turned on.

Runterladen, auspacken. Download full unpack. Dann einfach sudo make und sudo make install. Then just sudo make and sudo make install.

Die Blacklist einträge sollten dann so aussehen: rt3070sta !rt2870sta !ndiswrapper !rt2800usb !rt2x00usb !rt2x00lib The blacklist entries should look like this: rt3070sta! Rt2870sta! Ndiswrapper! Rt2800usb! Rt2x00usb! Rt2x00lib

Danach ist auch die Link Qualität etwas besser und der Stick verabschiedet sich nicht irgendwann. Then, the link quality is slightly better and the stick is not adopted at some point.
    Nico Heid, aus dem Alltag ....: (arch)Linux mit dem D-Link DWA-125 150 Wlan USB Stick

Some of the other forum members run Arch so they will be able to help you with driver install procedure for Arch.
    Last edited by rokytnji; 04-16-2010 at 07:17 AM.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!

Thanks a lot!

Hi rokytnji,

I must thank you a lot for the search you have done! I never imagined to look in different langages!

For the moment, I will try to get the network to work in Fedora and then, once I will have figured out how to make it, I'll go in ArchLinux.

Thanks a lot,

BYE!