Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi there, Many thanks in advance for any hints regarding the following setup: I have one main subnet 192.168.50.0/24 with a defaultrouter 192.168.50.1 connected to the internet. I have an ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

NFS server serving 3 subnets and routing?

Hi there,
    Many thanks in advance for any hints regarding the following setup:

I have one main subnet 192.168.50.0/24 with a defaultrouter 192.168.50.1 connected to the internet. I have an NFS server on that network. Everything is working as desired and machines are able to see each other and access the internet.

Now, I would like to add two more interfaces to the NFS server (running Slackware Linux), each on its own different subnet, say 192.168.51.0/24 and 192.168.52.0/24. The clients on those new subnets should also be able to access the internet (through the router 192.168.50.1). Any hints how to setup routing? Do I need any additional hardware router in between, or just a software configuration on the NFS server?

On a side note I have VLAN capable switches (couple of ProCurve 1800-24G) and would like to separate the three subnets using VLANs instead of using three separate switches. This shouldn't be a problem I think.

Many thanks for your help!

Your server needs to run Network Address Translation
    also known as Masquerade This is done by setting
    iptables rules. I wasn't sure if you could do this for
    two subnets, but found a discussion of it.

dhcp server with two subnets