Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a RedHat linux server box connected to LinkSys router through ethernet port. I've assigned a static IP to the Linux box, which is out of range with router's ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unable to connect to services on Linux box through WLAN

I have a RedHat linux server box connected to LinkSys router through ethernet port. I've assigned a static IP to the Linux box, which is out of range with router's DHCP range.

The Linux box has Apache, JBOSS, SVN and several other services installed, but none of these services are accessible through the WLAN. However, SSH and SFTP are accessible from WLAN.

Another interesting observation is that if I open a browser on the linux box (by exporting the DISPLAY to Exceed on my laptop on the WLAN) and point the browser's address bar to localhost:80 or localhost:9080, then I can access these services!!.. So, I suspect that something is wrong with accessing these services from a client on WLAN and I am looking for a solution for the same.

I browsed through several Linux forums and I also tried enabling port forwarding at my router, but it does not help at all.

Any pointers are very much appreciated!

Just Joined!

any help pls

Any pointers are very much appreciated. Pls help.

Just Joined!

Smile Resolved

I resolved the problem today. It was just a matter of disabling firewall on linux server.

Thanks for posting your solution and happy trails to you.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.