Find the answer to your Linux question:
Okay, I didn't know where to turn as a linux nooby. If you want to hear my story, continue. I wanted to host a TF2 server for my clan, and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How do Host a DownloadURL for my TF2 Server?

Okay, I didn't know where to turn as a linux nooby. If you want to hear my story, continue. I wanted to host a TF2 server for my clan, and started reading up. So, I throw Linux on my laptop (ubuntu) and after about 3 hours I FINALLY have a WORKING CONFIGURED server that my friend was able to join and I was admin on. However, I wanted a Downloadurl for my bz2 files.

My question is, how do I host a website where I can upload files and put it as my downloadurl for my tf2 server on linux, and if you can, help me through it.

why not put it on the same machine as the tf2 server? just install apache2 package and then put files in /var/www/html directory

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by coopstah13 View Post
    why not put it on the same machine as the tf2 server? just install apache2 package and then put files in /var/www/html directory
    huh? The server for the files on the machine with tf2 server? Yeah, I want to do that, but I don't know how. Can anyone point me in a tutorial that I can make a website with a dir with all my files?

i gave you the basic tutorial already, but if you need something more in depth, you should google for tutorials like this https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ap...g%20Apache%202