Find the answer to your Linux question:
Want to share windows partitions (FAT) mounted on an Ubuntu server from an Ubuntu client, over a wireless connection in a small home network. Succeeded mounting linux ahares from client ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Why so hard? Share windows partitions on Ubuntu server from Ubuntu Client?

Want to share windows partitions (FAT) mounted on an Ubuntu server from an Ubuntu client, over a wireless connection in a small home network. Succeeded mounting linux ahares from client but not the windows shares (I get what sounds like permissions errors). All shares are served by Samba, all have user accounts and passwords. smbclient and smbmount have been used on the client to attempt to mount the shares.

Both machines are dual boot, and I'm able to share and print over the network with XP running on both machines.

Client: Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop
    Server: a Medion (german company) cheapo desktop.

i'm confused what you are asking

which of these things is what you want? you have ubuntu server with windows shares, you want to access them from your ubuntu clients

you have a ubuntu server with windows shares, you are accessing them from one of your clients, and now you want to share them from this client to the other client (based on your wording, this is what I think you want, but it makes no sense to me to do it this way, and it isn't possible)