Results 1 to 1 of 1
My idea is to:- load balance 2 of the Ethernet ports for wan Use 1 of the Ethernet ports for connecting all public servers on my LAN. Would prefer not ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 07-16-2010 #1
- Join Date
- Jul 2010
- load balance 2 of the Ethernet ports for wan
- Use 1 of the Ethernet ports for connecting all public servers on my LAN. Would prefer not using pound unless advised otherwise! [ 10.0.0.0/8]
- Use the last 1 Ethernet port for connecting all clients on my LAN. [172.16.0.0/16]
- Use the wireless card for wifi access. [192.168.0.0/24]
- Have a functional asterisk server since I have the digium card.
- Be able to provide remote dial-in services via the telephone modem.
- Use DNSMasq since my network would contain less than 400 nodes.
Now these are my problems:-
- Setting up a functional routing table with load balancing on the 2 wan ports.
- Successfully connecting from a computer to the internet on the 172.16.0.0/16 network!
- Successfully setting up and connecting from a laptop to the internet on the 192.168.0.0/24 network!
- Do I really need firewall rules since routers/ gateways never route private addresses?
- Which package is good for remote access dial-in? I haven't yet been able to figure out which!
- Successfully setting up the asterisk server! I can install asterisk using aptitude but something is wrong!
- Setting up dhcp for only the 172.16.0.0/16 and the 192.168.0.0/24 network!
N.B I have another server on my home network to provide DNS using bind. I just need a simple load balancing in-ward / out-ward router running Ubuntu server 10.4. No fancy stuff!