Find the answer to your Linux question:
I don't understand what's happening here. I installed MNF to configure a DMZ for our Network, I have 3 NIC's Installed eth0: LAN eth1: WAN eth2: DMZ I have 3 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

MNF - Trouble Moving IPs behind the DMZ

I don't understand what's happening here.

I installed MNF to configure a DMZ for our Network, I have 3 NIC's Installed

eth0: LAN
    eth1: WAN
    eth2: DMZ

I have 3 servers I'm trying to put behind the DMZ, they consist of a DNS/FTP Server, IMap Server, WWW Server.

DNS/FTP = .2
    WWW = .3
    IMap = .4

When I first attempted it, I tried all three machines once, which didn't pan out.

Then I tried moving the least critical server (WWW), It moved just fine, I have it NAT'd and ProxyARP'd and all the required rules setup.

I then tried moving the IMap server, it appeared to work, but... From the LAN Zone, I can talk to it, and from WAN Zone I can talk to it if the machine trying to access it is on the network behind our Router and outside the firewall, but if a completely outside party tries to access the server, if gets no response. I'm at a complete loss... I fear that If I attempt to move the DNS/FTP Server I will have the same result.

I've tried several things (change NIC, Different Internal Address, Banging Head Against Wall), I've even allocated a test IP address of .10, which will work from everywhere, but as soon as I attempt to use .4 it will not work outside our Router... Has anyone else heard of this happening and how to resolve it, I can not change the IP address of these machines because of client configurations

Any Help is greatly appreciated.
    Comkid

Linux Guru
    What's this "MNF" thing?

Just Joined!
    Mandrake's "Multi Network Firewall"

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    Oh, it's a Mandrake thing? That could explain why I haven't heard of it. =)

Is it just a set of iptables rules? If so, could you post the iptables settings, interface settings and your routing tables? That is, the output of these commands:
    Code:
    iptables-save
    ip addr ls
    ip route ls

Just Joined!
    I do not believe it is, because the sample ip of .10 works fine, it's only when I try to use real ip for the machine of .4, because of the setup, I don't have it setup that way at the moment, I've have to try it again and then attempt to post that information