Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a Linux Box running Fedora 13, it has Samba installed, and I have configured it, I also have a Windoze 7 PC, I want to be able to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Exclamation Samba network problems...

I have a Linux Box running Fedora 13, it has Samba installed, and I have configured it, I also have a Windoze 7 PC, I want to be able to access the Windoze PC's files from my Linux Box, and vice versa, but when I try to open the Windoze PC in the network on my Linux Box, it asks for my Username and Password, I enter them, the box goes away then pops back up asking for them again... and on the Windoze PC, I find my Linux on the network, open it, it asks for my username and password, I enter them, and it lets me in, but then when I try opening my shared folder, it gives me: "You do not have permission to access \\LINUX\Shared Folder. Contact your network administrator to request access"

I would really like to get this working...

If you need more info, just ask and I will see what I can get...

Thanks in advance!

Micah

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    This is a common problem. I usually just create a mount point, and then mount -t cifs to the Windoze system on that point. You either need to do that as root, or do it with sudo.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!