Find the answer to your Linux question:
please ; i need help in make failover between two servers in my network by using NIS to make server 1 run as redundant server for server 2 please tell ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

failover servers

please ;

i need help in make failover between two servers in my network by using NIS to make server 1 run as redundant server for server 2
    please tell me the steps

please i need help

thanks

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    This is possible, but not simple. If you have to ask for help with something this sophisticated, then you probably should do some more research so when you ask questions, it isn't so much "I'm an idiot, please make me smart!", but more on the order of "I've hit the wall at this point. Please point me in the proper direction so my head doesn't hurt so much!".. Remember, Google is your friend!
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Look for linux-ha in google...

I think you need Pacemaker and cluster glue... but GOOD LUCK if you need some kind of balancing...

Just Joined!
    I could be mistaken but I thought a backup server was a feature of NIS / YP?

(It is in Sun's NIS+)

-Gooney0

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by gooney0 View Post
    I could be mistaken but I thought a backup server was a feature of NIS / YP?

(It is in Sun's NIS+)

-Gooney0
    For NIS servers, perhaps, but that wasn't how I read the original post. He wanted to know how to implement backup (hot failover) servers in an NIS environment. If that is not the case, then he needs to be more specific in his requirements.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!