Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Friends, I have just registered to your forum. So a very very .... good morning to alll.... I have just installed Fedora 9 (Currently I don't have the Fedora ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Internet on fedora 9

Hi Friends,

I have just registered to your forum. So a very very .... good morning to alll....

I have just installed Fedora 9 (Currently I don't have the Fedora 13 DVD) & a XDSL modem which is connected to the LAN port. My connection is a broadband one from BSNL.

I have created a new device/connection as System->Administration->Network->New->XDSL Connection and provided my username & password.

The very first time I switched on my Modem everything was fine , the Network Manager automatically get connected, though there was something like SeLinux AVC denial beside it.Then I have activated the eth0 & XDSL connection & easily get connected to the WEB.

But the very next time I restarted the system the above procedure is not working at all.....

And I am at the mercy of Windows, because the same modem works fine in Windows....

I will be very obliged to you people if you please get me out of this trouble , because I am tired off the viruses in the Windows......

Regards,
    JIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Ziko View Post
    The very first time I switched on my Modem everything was fine , the Network Manager automatically get connected, though there was something like SeLinux AVC denial beside it.
    I think Selinux is where to look. Open your firewall configurator. First:
    Code:
    su -
    input password, then:
    Code:
    system-config-firewall
    Find SElinux and disable it and retry to connect. If you get connected you can then find out how to configure SElinux to allow for your connection. I wouldn't disable SElinux altogether as it is a valuable security tool for your machine. If after disabling it you still can't get connected, at least you've narrowed down where the problem is.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

i think selinux is unnecessary for most desktop users, just a firewall and common sense should be enough

that said, you will have less hardware problems if you use latest fedora (13) unless you have a specific reason not to upgrade

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close