Find the answer to your Linux question:
Yesterday, I installed PCLOS 2010.07 into my laptop and dual booting with windows vista. Now I got a weird problem that is when I connected linux to my wifi router, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can't obtain IP from wifi router using DHCP

Yesterday, I installed PCLOS 2010.07 into my laptop and dual booting with windows vista. Now I got a weird problem that is when I connected linux to my wifi router, it cannot obtain IP! (it still work correctly in windows, problem just with linux) I had to manually set ip and that worked. Now i wonder what is happening, because I didn't see this problem with PCLOS 2009 borrowed from my friend few months ago.

Ensure that your DHCP-Client is installed and running.

Regards
    Robert

Linux
    The adventure of a life time.

Linux User #296285
    Get Counted

Just Joined!
    I can sure DHCP-Client is installed, but how to check if it's running or not? I'm trying to replace my win os with linux (that's why i choose PCLOS, it's the easiest distro for linux newbie like me)

I don't know PCLOS but there should be a GUI that will allow you to setup your network. There you would set the network to use DHCP.

Regards
    Robert

Linux
    The adventure of a life time.

Linux User #296285
    Get Counted

Just Joined!
    Well, the network control GUI of PCLOS only have 2 option: DHCP or manual. When i chose DHCP, no IP can be obtained. I think my problem that is dhcp-client service doesn't run, how can i know if it's running or not with some commands in terminal. I see no dhcp service in the list of services in PCLOS control center.