Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have an application running inside our lan on server 192.168.0.1:8080. I have configured gateway firewall to direct all traffic on port 80 to port 8080 on 192.168.0.1. So I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Access multiple servers from outside

I have an application running inside our lan on server 192.168.0.1:8080. I have configured gateway firewall to direct all traffic on port 80 to port 8080 on 192.168.0.1. So I can access the application from outside lan. Now the problem starts when the application redirects the traffic to another server 192.168.0.2 according to the input of the users. How can I configure the whole system so that I can access the application running on second servers also?

Just Joined!
    Sounds like the user needs to access two different servers from outside your network.

To do this you'd need another NAT (or port forward) for the second server.

Even better would be to use VPN. The user could connect and access as much of the LAN as they wanted.

If your firewall doesn't have a VPN client you could install "poptop" on your server then redirect PPTP connections from your firewall to the server.

"Poptop" is likely out of date. Google around for "PPTP" or "PPTPD"

PPTP clients are built in on Windows and OS X. It's not the best but it's free.

-Gooney0

Just Joined!

Access multiple servers from outside

Thanks for your reply. You are correctly understand my requirement. Yes vpn is there and we used it for maintenance purpose. Actually we have put a link in our website to access one web-based application which is distributed in different servers. I have allowed in firewall to access the mail application server and we can able to get in from outside. But when it redirect to another server, it get lost. Is there any way we can do without vpn?

Just Joined!
    dev_silent,

You could setup something like Citrix, Remote Desktop, or VNC on an inside machine.

Setup a port forward or NAT on the firewall.

User connects to inside machine, then uses the inside machine to access applications.

If you have many users you'd probably want to go back to the VPN idea.

-Gooney0