Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi., I have a router having four ethernet ports and bandwidth of this router is 500kbps.Suppose one user used one Ethernet ports only rest of Ethernet ports are free, that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How Can I share a Equal Bandwidth ?

Hi.,

I have a router having four ethernet ports and bandwidth of this router is 500kbps.Suppose one user used one Ethernet ports only rest of Ethernet ports are free, that user should get 500Kbps...If I Add one or more user to any of the Remaining Ethernet ports how can i equally share a bandwidth among those two users ,it means each user should get 250kbps...

Regards
    Saravanan G

Quote Originally Posted by saravanang86 View Post
    Hi.,

I have a router having four ethernet ports and bandwidth of this router is 500kbps.Suppose one user used one Ethernet ports only rest of Ethernet ports are free, that user should get 500Kbps...If I Add one or more user to any of the Remaining Ethernet ports how can i equally share a bandwidth among those two users ,it means each user should get 250kbps...

Regards
    Saravanan G
    You can use IPTables for this. But I cannot give you any examples as it is over my head.....I'm still wrapping my head around this topic myself and I do not want to give you the wrong information. Maybe someone else can chime in. Also, there is a lot of info on the subject all you have to do is Google it.

Cheers!
    etech97