Find the answer to your Linux question:
HI., Thank u for your replying... We are having a ADSL having linux -2.6.30 running on it. But in our case i need to implement QOS having a feature which ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Post how can i get bandwith....

HI.,
    Thank u for your replying...
    We are having a ADSL having linux -2.6.30 running on it.
    But in our case i need to implement QOS having a feature which can find the available bandwidth in ADSL since in ADSL devices, the train rate(Bandwidth rate ) is varies according to different situation..How can i find the available bandwidth.....

Regards
    Saravanan G

Just Joined!
    Run a line speed test to determine you overall bandwidth you receive on the pipe. From there you can dictate what QOS you want to give each device. Maybe give out your QOS as a percentage instead of a fixed value so that it can fluctuate with your internet connection speed.

Just Joined!

Post How to get a source code of " line speed test "

Thank You for Reply....

How to get a source code of " line speed test " in linux to determine overall variable bandwidth...Because In Our ADSL the available bandwidth is keep on varying ...

Regads
    Saravanan G

Just Joined!
    There are a lot of websites that allow you to perform a line speed test. Just do a good search for "line speed test" and you will get a lot of pages that perform the task.