Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I've got mine working finally! of course not official as it's a dynamic IP so it wont be of much use but hey.. Not sure how it happened of course ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I've got mine working finally!

of course not official as it's a dynamic IP so it wont be of much use but hey..

Not sure how it happened of course but all i changed from last time is to change my fstab and samba.conf to give rw access to all. already had my router set to allow traffic through to it's internal ip and all that... so i'm guessing maybe it's a samba access problem more than anything?

Not that this would be the safest way of doing it no doubt, but atleast i know it can work atleast...

hope this is of any help to you..

i'm not doing anything to do with samba. i'm trying to run a webserver, and it works locally. it's just a matter of my router being a P.O.S.

Just Joined!

Re: Tunnelling Traffic To computer on my lan

Quote Originally Posted by lakerdonald
    Hi
    I've finally gotten a domain name! And so now i'm trying to host my site with apache on my laptop. The problem is, I can't get my router to tunnel traffic on port 80 to 192.168.0.103. When I connect to 192.168.0.103, everything works, but when i try from my domain lakerdonald.homelinux.com or my ip address, it won't connect. I have tried to set up my router to tunnel the traffic, but it won't work!
    my router is a DLink DI-524

hey afaik you might have trouble going to the outer ip address because your router doesnt do loopback very well, try to ask someone to go from their computer to that domain it might work.

(you lan ip address)--->router<---(exterior ip address you) doesnt work
    (lan ---->) router -----> (lan) does
    (lan--->) router(---->someone else exteior ip) worked for me

this was an example of the problem when iwas trying to set up a webcast radio, the server type isnt the problem, its what is in your iptables and firewall rules of your router that matters

okay, i just did a fresh reinstall of linux, so after i get apache back up, i'll ask some people to try and access my site.

heh find a cheep box (go dumpster diving)and set up a linux router for the cost of 2 nic's
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Linux Newbie
    i wish i had more computer stores around where I live. There's only a compusa whos dumpster appears be inside a loading bay at the back of the store...

but back to lakerdonald's problem, i can't help much, except to reccomend the Motorola WR850G which has served me very well for $50-$60
    Registered Linux User Number 373366

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2