Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hi I've finally gotten a domain name! And so now i'm trying to host my site with apache on my laptop. The problem is, I can't get my router to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Tunnelling Traffic To computer on my lan

Hi
    I've finally gotten a domain name! And so now i'm trying to host my site with apache on my laptop. The problem is, I can't get my router to tunnel traffic on port 80 to 192.168.0.103. When I connect to 192.168.0.103, everything works, but when i try from my domain lakerdonald.homelinux.com or my ip address, it won't connect. I have tried to set up my router to tunnel the traffic, but it won't work!
    my router is a DLink DI-524

Just Joined!
    Well i'm sure i cant be of no help, but what have you done to tunnel the traffic, i'm assuming you've done a port forwarding on your router?

I'm planning on perhaps in the future to attempt to do the same so i'd be keen to hear how this works...

yes, i have done port forwarding, here's a screenshot:
    http://www.geocities.com/lakerdonald/snapshot5.png

Linux Engineer
    why don't you try removing the other port 80 forwarding there? AFAIK, you can only forward a port to one device/box... you have TCP 80/80 in there several times, the first couple being forwarded to 0.0.0.0.. try removing those and see what happens (write down those settings before you remove them so you can put them back if it borks your networking)
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

thanks lordnothing, good idea
    /me goes and tries that

well i deleted everything else http or port 80, and it still didn't work :/
    any other ideas?

Linux Engineer
    buy a better router?
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

i don't think that's a viable solution right now, I'll check me router's online manual

Just Joined!
    I've tried it with mine, get asked for pw/uid.. so i guess somethings working.. problem now is that none of the passwords seem to work!

plus it's supposed to be a webserver, so i dont want it to ask for passwords anyway... but that's a whole different thread!

have you done a hard reboot on the router, mine sometimes doesnt seem to take too well to drastic changes..

wait, you can get to the password prompt? That's something. I don't remember a password, but still. That's good. And I did a hard reboot

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast