Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am planning to put/ install bandwidth monitoring tools for my Proxy server, running on CentOS 5.5 - Squid I want something that I can monitoring which sites the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Bandwidth Monitoring

Hi,

I am planning to put/ install bandwidth monitoring tools for my Proxy server, running on CentOS 5.5 - Squid

I want something that I can monitoring which sites the users are visiting, how much bandwidth they're using, and if they're downloading something, also can track if they connected to yahoo messenger or skype. and which port they're using.

Hope you can suggest a good application for that. I want a web based, so I can just install in on my CentOS server, and will just point the browser to my server's ip. of course, with password

Thanks.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzkid View Post
    Hi,

I am planning to put/ install bandwidth monitoring tools for my Proxy server, running on CentOS 5.5 - Squid

I want something that I can monitoring which sites the users are visiting, how much bandwidth they're using, and if they're downloading something, also can track if they connected to yahoo messenger or skype. and which port they're using.

Hope you can suggest a good application for that. I want a web based, so I can just install in on my CentOS server, and will just point the browser to my server's ip. of course, with password

Thanks.
    "I want a web-based" Shall it make coffee for you as well?

Have a look at wireshark and nfdump. Not sure if it will give you all the nice, tidy visualization for free - it's a reason why companies spend money on developing these kind of tools. You could also have a look at tcpspy but afaik, that will only log to syslog.

HTH