Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi does somebody know how dnsmasq / iptables need to be configured such that requests to my public IP from lan are correctly NAT'ed to the host that handles them? ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

[SOLVED] access public IP from local subnet

Hi

does somebody know how dnsmasq / iptables need to be configured such that requests to my public IP from lan are correctly NAT'ed to the host that handles them? Currently my routing device treats them like "oh, these are anyway for me, gnam gnam" which actually doesn't work.

Unfortunatly setting up NAT rules that redirect requests from my lan correctly as they are redirected from wan is an option I would like to use only if there is no other possibility.

I would like some kind of solution that treats packets that are sent to my public IP as normal packets that are not looped back before they even get out. So they would need to be at least sent to the wan gateway where they are directed back where my firewall can successfully treat them like all other public requests.

dont know exactly what i did, but i solved it probably by giving the local name an alternative name (which is the public uri).