Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm trying to set up something like this, but on Debian and with VirtualBox: doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Installing_pfSense_in_VMware_under_Windows The guide shows how to prevent Windows from using a network card, except from allowing ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Disable everything but VirtualBox bridging on physical interface.

I'm trying to set up something like this, but on Debian and with VirtualBox:

doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Installing_pfSense_in_VMware_under_Windows

The guide shows how to prevent Windows from using a network card, except from allowing VMWare to bridge it to a virtual machine, so that the Windows computer would be shielded from any traffic through that adapter (since in the guide, that's the WAN network).

How would I go about setting this up on Debian? I'm not trying to set up a firewall like he is, rather some virtual servers that would be on a different subnet to the host's main connection on the internal side of a separate firewall.

Hopefully this diagram will make it clearer:

dl.dropbox.com/u/1309240/bridging.png

Just Joined!
    according to dl.dropbox.com/u/1309240/bridging.png
    what I understand is that you are trying to set to bridge between your debian and virtualbox machines, well you need to set IP statics on your debian nics assuming that your nics are eth0 and eth1, eth1 192.168.0.100 and eth2 192.168.1.100, then in virtual box for VM1, VM2, VM3 add a network adapter bridged to eth0 and VM4, VM5, VM6 bridged to eth1.

then you need to set IP static on every VM like this VM1 192.168.0.101
    VM2 192.168.0.102
    for VM4 to VM6
    192.168.1.10X

Just Joined!
    Would that mean that the host Debian will not try to use the second NIC then? The reason I would like two would be to have some VMs in a kind of DMZ, so I can host game servers etc without worrying about it letting intruders past the firewall into the internal stuff. Preferably, the Debian host shouldn't even show up at all on the 192.168.1.xxx network, so it's not even evident that it exists on the internet.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    you can use both