Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: IP4IP6 Tunnel
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- Join Date
- May 2011
I would like to implement a tunnel to connect two private networks based on IPv4 with a tunnel based on IPv6.
I've the following configuration :
* I've enabled ip_forwarding on Router1 & Router2 ;
* Router1 is connected in 192.168.100.0/24 with address 192.168.100.254 ;
* Router2 is connected in 192.168.200.0/24 with address 192.168.200.254 ;
I've configured the kernel to include the modules tunnel6 and ip6_tunnel.
I've tried to make a ping6 between Router1 and Router2 : Working !
I've defined the tunnel :
* on router1 : sudo ip -6 tunnel add my_tunnel mode ip4ip6 local fe80::20c:29ff:fed1:236e remote fe80::211:deff:fead:beef
* on router2 : sudo ip -6 tunnel add my_tunnel mode ip4ip6 local fe80::211:deff:fead:beef remote fe80::20c:29ff:fed1:236e
I've setting up the two new interfaces :
* on router1 & router2 : sudo ip link set dev my_tunnel up
I've added the following routes :
* on router1 : sudo ip route add 192.168.200.0/24 dev my_tunnel
* on router2 : sudo ip route add 192.168.100.0/24 dev my_tunnel
I've tried from a machine in 192.168.100.0/24 to ping a machine in 192.168.200.0/24 :
and that doesn't work !
If I look at my interface "my_tunnel" on Router1 :
$ ifconfig my_tunnel
my_tunnel Link encap:UNSPEC HWaddr FE-80-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
NOARP MTU:1452 Metric:1
Packets reçus:0 erreurs:0 :0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:37324 dropped:37324 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 lg file transmission:0
Octets reçus:0 (0.0 B) Octets transmis:0 (0.0 B)
All packets are dropped...
I use Ubuntu 11.04.
Does anyone get a suggestion ?