Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello! I generated a LFS using Buildroot and now I need to configure the vsftpd server. In various forums and tutorials in the web the configuration is with the /etc/vsftpd.conf ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Configuring vsftpd

Hello!

I generated a LFS using Buildroot and now I need to configure the vsftpd server. In various forums and tutorials in the web the configuration is with the /etc/vsftpd.conf file, but my system doesn't have this file.

By the way, when I try to simply run 'vsftpd' in command line, it returns me:

500 OOPS: vsftpd: not configured for standalone, must be started from inetd

In the boot, a message is showed that the server was initialized corretly:

Starting vsftpd: OK

Someone can help me?

Hmm, according to the vstftpd.conf man(5) page, it is normally found as '/etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf'. Can you verify if there is another directory level for your configuration file?

Here is a link to the man page for reference: vsftpd.conf(5): config file for vsftpd - Linux man page. However, who knows if that particular man page matches your vsftpd installation.. You may want to check your own man page out.

As far as initializing vsftpd, it sounds like it's expecting to be started from inetd. This can be changed from the configuration file, however we will need to first find that of course!

These are just ideas, I'm certainly no pro.. Just trying to help a fellow Linux enthusiast out
    “Things derive their being and nature by mutual dependence and are nothing in themselves.”