Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello dear Community english isn't my mother tongue, nevertheless i try to explain my annoying situation as good as i can: I want to anonymise all my tcp requests. that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    sic
    Just Joined!

redirect ALL tcp connections through socks 5 server

Hello dear Community

english isn't my mother tongue, nevertheless i try to explain my annoying situation as good as i can:

I want to anonymise all my tcp requests. that means, that i want to send every single request my ethernet adapter creates, to a socks 5 server. From the socks 5 server I know the ip address and the port.

Sow. What possiblitys do I have?

Of course I studied the sources available in the web, I tried almlost everything, but it seems that my newbie skills and the half baken solutions out there won't really fit together:
    What I tried so far:
    -tsocks
    -tor
    -dante
    -proxychains
    -redsocks
    -kernelhooking

I won't say that these solutions are rubbish, instead, it seems that my skills are to low:
    Right now, I found this interesting project: ksb.sourceforge.net/ This software makes it possible to hook the connect function. Now my questions: Do I have to compile my own (patched) Kernel? It seems that the script is trying to do this ( install.sh ) but I figured out, that I do not have a 'linux' folder in /usr/source , so it won't work. Now, how can I get my actual kernel source into this folder? why is there no preinstalled 'linux' folder in my linux mint box?

I downloaded the actual kernel source into this folder and tried to run, but it doesnt seem to work...

there must be a easyer solutin how to send all traffic through socks5, which one?

Trusted Penguin
    Maybe check out iptables/netfilter. It allows you to do such things as forward all packets (or drop/reject them) based upon various rules that you set up. Should be included with Mint (but I have no idea Mint itself).

As to kernel question, Mint *should* have made available the kernel source for the kernel that was installed with the OS. You may have to download it manually or via apt-get or whatever. If you downloaded the kernel source from kernel.org that might work but whatever you are compiling probably wants the kernel source of the currently running kernel. So you'd have to install the kernel.org kernel and boot into it. Or you could poke around in the source code of your compiling script and see what exactly it wants.

hth