Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have built the following configuration: Attachment 3578 The idea is to use VPN SERVER only to access the network from outside thru IP2 with vpn pptp connections. On ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Routing Settings VPN Dedicated Server

Hi,

I have built the following configuration:

Attachment 3578

The idea is to use VPN SERVER only to access the network from outside thru IP2 with vpn pptp connections.
    On "VPN SERVER" i have installed ClearOS in order to use it's pptp server.

My problem is that after I establish a pptp connection I don't have access to the network. Firewall on VPN SERVER is disabled.

I guess that I need to make some routing settings that involve the subnet assigned to pptp connection and network address.

Can you pls help me with some advice ?

Thanks

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ads_turbo View Post
    Hi,

I have built the following configuration:

Attachment 3578

The idea is to use VPN SERVER only to access the network from outside thru IP2 with vpn pptp connections.
    On "VPN SERVER" i have installed ClearOS in order to use it's pptp server.

My problem is that after I establish a pptp connection I don't have access to the network. Firewall on VPN SERVER is disabled.

I guess that I need to make some routing settings that involve the subnet assigned to pptp connection and network address.

Can you pls help me with some advice ?

Thanks
    I guess that you can ssh to your VPN server, but not to any host behind it... right? In that case check your hosts. They may receive your packets allright, but do they know where to send their reply? You will have to set the routing on your host to make sure it sends the replies back to your VPN server.