Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everybody! I need Linux/networking masters' help again... In order to do some security tests on my network, I need to simulate, on a host running a honeypot, an incoming ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Honeypot and Telnet

Hello everybody!

I need Linux/networking masters' help again...

In order to do some security tests on my network, I need to simulate, on a host running a honeypot, an incoming connection from another host on the same LAN (the attacker). Afterwards I'd like the attacker sent a file through this connection.

I can simply perform the first action with telnet, it is recognized by the honeypot, but I absolutely don't know how to perform the second one.

I read telnet's documentation, used the command send, but I don't think it is correct...

Can anyone help me?

Thank you! Greetings!

Just Joined!
    Not necessarily I have to use Telnet. The important is that I succeed in sending a file to the host running the honeypot, I can alternatively use any protocol.

Just Joined!
    I decided to use the ftp protocol to transfer the file, but I have a problem with the ftp server simulated by the honeypot (nepenthes). When I give USER command the server always replies '331: user ok, password required'. When I give PASS command (trying with ftp.exe, filezilla and telnet), the server always replies me '530: authentication failed', and I can't go on.

Really need your help, even a little indication to let me see the light...