Find the answer to your Linux question:
penguin bro/sis ...couldnt find dedicated ubuntu panel forum and newbee to this site, hope this is related post?! question: using bunt 11xx with current updates, i was using command line ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

lost networking icon in panel and panel support resources as well?

penguin bro/sis ...couldnt find dedicated ubuntu panel forum and newbee to this site, hope this is related post?! question: using bunt 11xx with current updates, i was using command line nano interface commands to setup home network service and for some reason network icon from main panel disappeared and lost entirely from 'add icon' in panel properties window, so show up at local wifi bar and no way to even see the local networks or make sure wifi is even 'enabled.' does anyone hav command line syntax to restore network icon and how to make sure wifi is working from command line might be work around? thanks kindly.

about 2 or 3 days ago AFTER an update ()opensuse I had the very same problem. the update was about a GNOME kit and after update finish most of my panel icon networking stuff no longer working and disappeared
    after a full reboot of the machine, all working fine again

check what kind of update you had recently
    if your problems persist, please specify if you are you using GNOME or KDE version of knetworkmanager applet (on KDE desktop)