Find the answer to your Linux question:
can anyone recommend to me a linux vpn client that can do point to point over ipsec? I tried VPNC but it only does remote access VPN. I need to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

linux ipsec vpn client

can anyone recommend to me a linux vpn client that can do point to point over ipsec?

I tried VPNC but it only does remote access VPN.

I need to be able to connect to a VPN with the following parameters

Authentication Method Pre Shared Key
    Encryption Scheme IKE
    Diffie-Hellman Group DH Group 2
    Encryption Algorithm 3DES
    Hashing Algorithm SHA
    Main or Aggressive Mode Main Mode
    Lifetime (for renegotiation) 2800 seconds
    Encryption Algorithm 3DES
    Integrity (Hash) SHA-1
    Oakley Group DH Group 2
    Perfect Forward Secrecy No PFS
    Lifetime (for renegotiation) 3600 seconds

I have tried VPNC, but that is remote access VPN client. I need a point to point client

Just Joined!

vpn client

What you did not mention is what the other host is running like frees/wan or OpenSwan or Cisco, so I'm only sending you the Linux based information.
    The Cisco VPN client can handle all of those parameters stated or at the very least a good 90% of them and there is a Linux based version. You need to be a Cisco partner to obtain it though.

V-ONE's SmartPass Client runs on Win32, CE/PocketPC, Solaris, Red Hat Linux, MacOS, and PalmOS devices, for use with V-ONE SmartGate VPN servers
    PPTP Client is a Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD and OpenBSD client for the proprietary Microsoft Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol, PPTP. Allows connection to a PPTP based Virtual Private Network (VPN).

You might also have a read of this at jixen dot tripod dotcom Ipsec practical configurations for Linux Freeswan 1.3. as it shows some nice examples.

From memory, that looks like a Cisco 3000 or maybe a Pix. But memory may fail me. The guys managing the concentrator would probably have or be able to get the Cisco client for you. I had that working at Fedora 10, but that was a long time ago.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Check out FreeS/WAN Project: Home Page or Openswan:. You may find freeswan easier to use but openswan more flexible and robust.

N

The VPN i am connecting to is a Cisco ASA 5510.

I have looked at openswan, but can not get my head around the concept of left and right in the configuration file.

My Centos machines has a single NIC which has the IP Address of 192.168.40.105. It's external IP after NAT is 200.73.79.2.

The VPN server I am connecting to is 212.10.21.214 and the encryption domain is 10.152.20.10.

Using those details, what would the config roughly look like for openswan?

Thanks