Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, Does anyone know how to disable IPv6 multicast listener discovery (MLD) protocol in Linux? Or at least the required ip6tables settings to block MLD packets? I've tried the examples ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Disable IPv6 MLD?

Hello,

Does anyone know how to disable IPv6 multicast listener discovery (MLD) protocol in Linux? Or at least the required ip6tables settings to block MLD packets? I've tried the examples from RFC 4890 - Recommendations for Filtering ICMPv6 Messages in Firewalls - to no avail.

It seems there's no straightforward solution to disable MLD in Linux; I wonder if someone has experience on it. Those MLD packets seem to cause segmentation fault on my software/application. I would like to try if disabling it could prevent the segmentation fault (not a "clean" solution, I know, but I just need a quick fix before going into the detail of debugging the software).

Thanks!

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by eriza View Post
    Hello,

Does anyone know how to disable IPv6 multicast listener discovery (MLD) protocol in Linux? Or at least the required ip6tables settings to block MLD packets? I've tried the examples from RFC 4890 - Recommendations for Filtering ICMPv6 Messages in Firewalls - to no avail.
    Never mind, I fixed the segmentation fault. Although it would be nice to have an easy way to disable MLD in Linux la Cisco ("no ipv6 mld router" [enter]) .. sigh...