Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok here it goes. I currently run my own business and just partnered with a company next to me. Instead of paying for internet cost twice I am letting share ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

sharing internet

Ok here it goes.

I currently run my own business and just partnered with a company next to me. Instead of paying for internet cost twice I am letting share my connection

Currently I have a windows PC in his office that picks up my wifi and uses ICS to share it with his other PC in the office.

The computer that is running the ICS surfs the net at normal speeds but the computer that are using the ICS are slower and ping times are all over the place. This computer is doing nothing other then ICS.

I want to try a linux firewall like IPcop, ClearOS, SmoothWall, ETC. I have been searching around and installing different Distros with no luck..

this is where I am running into problems. I have used two USB Wifi adapter and one PCI wifi adapter and it looks like the drivers are not loading up.

Any suggestion on getting this to work other then using windows and ICS

Hello and Welcome!

I have used two USB Wifi adapter and one PCI wifi adapter and it looks like the drivers are not loading up.
    I would suggest burning a LiveCD and booting up with it.
    Once you do that, go through this page: http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/wir...tart-here.html
    Post back all of the requested information, and somebody here should be able to help you get it straightened out.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.